Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 6: Weekly Update

My SMART Goal: To use reusable bags 100% of the time I shop.

Success Rate:  I would give myself a 90% success rate this week.

The Week: Well, it would have been a perfect 100% but I went to the grocery store last night with a classmate because we have to bring snack to a class.  We took her car and I didn't even think to grab reusable bags.  She didn't have any either and we got quite a few items so we each ended up using a paper bag.  However, we each cut down on the amount of bags we might have used by carrying the jugs of juice instead of using another bag.  This was the only time I went shopping within the last few days.  I have noticed that now that I have a couple of reusable bags I tend to find a bunch of different ways to use them!  For instants, I will be carrying the snack for the health 4000 class in them.  I also use them as gym bags, laundry bags, and carrying my school stuff! 

Lessons Learned: I learned that the biggest barrier in successfully completing my goal is not having a bag on hand.  I keep a fold up bag in my purse now, but not in my backpack, which was why I was not successful this week.  It would be worth it to buy another fold up bag to keep in my backpack so I always have one on hand. 
Next Week's Plans:  I think I want to keep my goal the same (since I've only been successful once or twice).  However, I did have a brain storm here that I really want to get my family members using reusable bags.  I know my mom would totally be into the idea if I got her a cute little fold up one for her purse and my sister loves purses and bags so I think I could get her to use them at the grocery store!  Looks like I'm on the hunt for some cute bags!    

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 6 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy


<--way cute


Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 6 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy



3 comments:

  1. That IS way cute! You have come up with a lot of good ways to use those bag! And getting some fabulous ones for your mom and sister is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a really good idea, sounds like u have your Christmas gifts all figured out! haha. That bag is definitely cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its still good you used a paper bag, instead of a plastic one!

    ReplyDelete