Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 10: Overall Project Reflection

My smart goal was to use reusable bags 100% of the time I shop.  I didn't change my goal during the project.  I just never had a reason to because it remained challenging.

To be successful, I had to first buy a few reusable bags.  Then I had to keep them in places I would remember to use them.  Therefore I decided to put one in my car.  I soon realized that I wasn't always in my car.  Sometimes I was with other people.  This lead me to buy a reusable bag that could be folded up and placed in my purse.  Then I really started to succeed at my goal!

I benefited from this project in the fact that I was successful at making a change that was good for the environment.  Once you've made one change and have it down why not make another?   Behavior change isn't easy, I definitely was reminded of that.  Although it isn't easy, you can take steps to make it easier on yourself until you're adjusted to it and it's simply part of your mind set.

The environment is improved by using reusable bags because there is less plastic in the world.  There are less landfills loaded with things that are not biodegradable.  Less animals will ingest these plastic particles.  Less oil will be used to make the plastic for the bags themselves, and for production.  Less trees will be used to produce paper bags.  Altogether, less life will be injured, and less fuel and other resources will be used.


  I will absolutely continue this behavior!  It's so easy once you have the bags and are used to using them, so why would I want to stop?!  Also, my parents have started to use reusable bags, so we have to stick together!


To others who are making a lifestyle change I would suggest making sure it's something they really are committed to changing before they began.  If they're not 100% ready to make the change it could lead to failure and failing may lead to not trying it again. Also, I would suggest that they do some kind of reflection or have some way to monitor their progress like we did.  If you don't it makes it easy to forget that you're even working towards a lifestyle change.  Also, I would say to just follow the SMART goal format and make it realistic, timely, measurable, and all of that.

Glad I was able to make a change and stick with it this semester! This may just be the start!

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 10 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy

    3 comments:

    1. great!! I agree, once you do it, why not continue! you've already started making it a habit, you're past the hard part! good job this semester :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. It was so nice that we could alter our SMART goals to be more realistic if need be.

      ReplyDelete
    3. The online game involves people competing against one another
      through a web-based connection. You may also create multiple accounts too as change language along
      with other regional options. Nonetheless, to notice the genuine photo of the Mario browser game, you must feel it.


      my web blog; trucchi clash of clans

      ReplyDelete