Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 9: Weekly Update

My SMART Goal: To use reusable bags 100% of the time I shop.

Success Rate: 100% success rate this week!

The Week: Well, this past week I was home for Thanksgiving and shockingly did not do ANY shopping.  This is highly unlike me, but I was busy with family, friends and homework.  Although I don't have much to report about my own reusable bags, I did notice that my parents have started to use them!  This was so awesome! I hadn't even talked to them about how great they are for the environment!

Lessons Learned: I learned that I don't think I give my parents quite enough credit.  While I was home and I did my photo essay on how Grand Forks is going green I realized that my household has always been pretty green.  My dad is the light master of the house, always turning off every light before we leave and only using the necessary lights in the house.  Ever since I was a kid we've been religious about recycling.  They're even on the ball about the reusable bags, which is something that's even relatively new to me!  Wait to go Scott and Jan! 

Next Week's Plans:  I think I'd like to keep my goal the same.  Only one more week, hope I can make it a success!


My Parents in Edinburgh at the Royal Museum of Scotland

2 comments:

  1. yes, its really neat how the parents are sometimes better than we realize about that stuff!

    ReplyDelete