Friday, October 9, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 3 & 4

Well, there isn't much to say about week 3.  I had a short meeting with Steve.  It was truly helpful though.  I learned of a few things I hadn't done yet, and a few things I didn't even know I had to do!  I'm still kind of playing around with google reader.  So far so good!  I think remembering to keep up with comments is my most significant battle with blogging.

We had an excellent class period during week 4.  We started class with a little question and answer session (prizes included).  I mean, I didn't walk away with tampons, but I guess a paper tablet is pretty good too.  The most significant thing we did on Monday was view a movie called "An Inconvenient Truth".  Al Gore is the narrator.  The film is about global warming and how it's progressing so rapidly. When the data is laid out so plain and simple like that, it's pretty scary.  What's even more scary is how our government seems to be doing so little.  They think by taking a stand on global warming, our economy will suffer.  On the other hand, if we don't do something, we may not have an earth anymore.  How is there even a contest?  It's frustrating because I feel like if our government set some policies in motion more Americans would start taking notice and work to be more eco-friendly.  I guess for now I'll just have to do my part and hope everyone else does as well!

2 comments:

  1. yes! when it came to the movie, I definitely agree that the facts were scary. Even more scary that our government seems to be hiding facts and changing what we read before we read it! Like you said, plain and simple, we just need to do our part and hope everyone else will start doing so as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That movie is definitely an eye opener, I don't know if I take every little detail a 100% as fact but it really makes me want to change a lot of my lifestyle habits.

    ReplyDelete